The Environmental Consulting Services Division provides award-winning solutions to municipal, governmental and private sector clients throughout Atlantic Canada.
ETC and our projects have been the recipient of multiple awards at the provincial and national level for excellence in engineering and sustainable design. ETC has a reputation as an innovative firm which does not hesitate to depart from traditional engineering approaches when there is a better solution.
ETC’s areas of consulting activity encompass all aspects of decentralized wastewater management including:
- planning and design of on-site sewage treatment systems,
- soils investigations and on-site sewage assessments,
- feasibility studies into on-site sewage servicing options and costs,
- comprehensive water and wastewater planning studies for rural communities,
- residential septic system designs for difficult lots,
- development of policies and technical guidelines,
- curriculum development and training of installers and public health inspectors.
We have also developed considerable expertise in the areas of:
- technologies for rural wastewater management which are more appropriate, and affordable to install and operate than conventional “big city / big pipe” systems.
- land-based effluent dispersal (LBED) systems,
- alternative sewer collection systems (STEG/STEP collection systems)
ETC works on projects throughout the Maritime provinces, and is registered to practice engineering in PEI, NB and NS.
ETC has consulted to the NB Department of Health and, as a subconsultant, to the BC Ministry of Environment, on technical and policy aspects of their guidelines and regulations.
We have also developed and delivered training courses and seminars to installers, regulators and engineers on various topics related to decentralized wastewater management.